Monday, July 7, 2008

Meditation of the day...IMITATION OF CHRIST...

Concerning Inordinate affections:

...A man who is not mortified is easily overcome by small temptations.

It is difficult for a man to withdraw himself from worldly desires when his spirit is still weak and inclined to the things of sense.

If he gives in to himself, then he suffers remorse of conscience because he had yielded to temptation and does not find the peace of mind he desired. We find our peace only by resisting our passions, not by giving in to them...

Sounds like my diet...This is perfect for Monday morning when I try to remember to not eat in excess!!! Dear Lord give me the strength to be in control of my passions.

Thy Will Be Done!!!+JMJ+

1 comment:

Soul Pockets said...

I am in the same boat with my excessive eating. Thank you for giving me something to think about as I go through the day.