Friday, July 18, 2008

10 steps to Being a Better Wife:

10 Steps to Being a Better Wife


Before we try to change you, here are a few changes we'll try to make ourselves. Deal?By Sharon O’Brien

From my husband's post: (Ok wives it's your turn. Here is what you are supposed to do):

1) Take care of yourself

My honey is beautiful, nuff said. Grade A+++
I always can improve on this...I work on this harder each year.
Grade B

2) Say thank you, often

I usually feel appreciated. Grade B
I never could thank him enough...11 kids, great home, get to homeschool our kids, my every desire!!! Even a washer and dryer upstairs when we have the money {hint-hint-honey}. Grade B

3) Keep the romance alive

Um, 11 kids. Some would call that a deterrent, not for us. Grade A+
It is easy with my honey...always working to be better...need to work on making our room a haven by cleaning and organizing...not hiding my junk there.
Grade B

4) Let him have "guy time"

I workout at least once a day, sometimes with friends. Grade A+
LET HIM...ummm I guess I don't complain too much.
Grade A-

5) Make your husband a priority

Sam always wants to know how my day was, what I’m thinking etc…so I guess the grade is an A. Assuming you like that kinda stuff.
Of course, you like that kinda stuff...you are very patient with me with the kids coming between us at times...especially when the babies come and gets lots of my time...AND ENERGY!!!

6) Don't try to change him

For the most part, this is no longer a problem. I think Sam has realized that trying to change me has the opposite effect. Grade B+
OPPOSITE EFFECT-right!!! I gave up on trying to change you years ago!!!
Grade B

7) Don’t make him guess—tell him what you want

I think I always know what she wants and what’s on her mind. Sweetie’s no shrinking wallflower. Grade A
I have NO problem telling what I want...my skill needs to be to keep my mouth shut...you do not take my advice easily...I am learning to keep my pie hole shut!!!
Grade B

8) Cultivate friends and interests outside your marriage

Sam has more friends than a swimsuit model asking to have sunblock rubbed on her on a crowded spring-break beach. When we have a party the house, yard, street, neighbors yards are overflowing with people. I’ve banned her from making new friends. Grade A+
I have too many friends...Rob doesn't let me make any more...so I have to sneak them in!!!My skill needs to be to enjoy my family and the friends I already have!!!
Grade B

9) Let free time be free

I do get free time to pursue activities but I also get booked with lots of other activities. Grade B
OPPS...Rob, you balance me...I totally overbook...sanguine temperament.
Grade C

10) Believe in your husband, and let him know it

Sam’s got this one down. Grade A
I think I am OK...but always room for improvement!!!
Grade B

No comments: