Friday, July 4, 2008

Meditation of the day...IMITATION OF CHRIST...

As I was at Holy Hour this morning...these thoughts linger in my soul...

ON THE TEACHING OF TRUTH:

...O my God, You are Truth; unite me to Yourself in perfect love. I am so weary of all I read and hear and see, for only in You is all that I will or can desire. Let all the learned be silent in Your presence and let all creatures be still and do You, Lord, alone speak to my soul.

The more a man is united within himself and is joined to You in the simplicity of his heart, the more effortlessly he understands the deep things, for the light of understanding comes to him from above; A pure, simple and stable heart is not bogged down by a multitude of tasks because he does all for the honor of God, and since he is not self-seeking; eh is not eager to follow his own will.

An unmortified spirit is your greatest hindrance. A good an devout many first plans inwardly the works he is to do outwardly; in this way he is not led to evil inclinations, but bends his will to the rule of right reason. Who is greater struggle than he who labors to overcome himself? This should be our daily labor: self-conquest, so as to make steady progress in the spiritual life;

He that abounds in charity is truly great;

He is truly learned who fosakes his own will to follow the will of God.

No comments: