Thursday, July 17, 2008

Grading Hubby

For my husband...from his post:


10 Steps to Being a Better Husband
Turn off the autopilot and start feeding your marriage.By Craig Playstead


1) Take an interest in something your wife is really passionate about.

This is a tough one. She’s really passionate about babies and I’m doing my best to give her a 12Th. It’s a tough job but someone has to do it… Grade B+
***Pretty good. Grade B-

2) Put the kids to bed.


Nobody likes me putting the kids to bed. Not my wife, not me and certainly not the kids. It takes me less than 5 minutes. “Have you brushed your teeth and gone potty? Good now get in bed and don’t get out”. Done! Sam takes at least half an hour to do the job. She does all that nicey-nicey stuff like read bedtime stories, say prayers, make sure they have on clean pajamas etc…So when we only had little kids I would do the dinner dishes and Sam would put the kids to bed. Now that we have older kids, Sam puts the kids to bed and the teens do the dishes and I goof off. When Sam is out for the evening, the older kids do the dishes and put the kids to bed and I goof off…it’s a great system. Grade D
***your correct you hate putting the kids to bed. Grade D



3) Learn to apologize.

I’ll keep this in mind in case I’m ever wrong. Grade A+++
***You don't ever think you are wrong...Grade C+



4) Thank her for putting up with you.

See #3 above. Actually I think I do this on occasion especially with my working out a lot. C+
***You are good about this. Grade A



5) Clean up after yourself.

This I do try and do. Actually both of us do. We have been on a de-cluttering kick the last few months. Our house is definitely losing weight. But with 11 kids it’s only going to get so clean. Bags and bags of stuff (clothes, toys etc…) have been leaving the house and going to various charities. Grade A-
***You are great at this. Thank you. Grade A+



6) Make time for just the two of you.

This we do. We were married on May 20Th. So we try and go out on a date the 20Th of every month. We also have ‘couch-time’ when I get home from work. 15 minutes alone in the nice living room to chat and catch up on the day. So we do OK for the amount of kids we have. Grade A-
***We do a good job at this one. Grade A



7) Groom yourself.

Well I brush my teeth each morning, my underwear are usually clean unless we are behind on the laundry, I shower at least two times a day, and my blue jeans only get worn 2-3 days in a row. There is the stray nose and ear hair now that I've passed 40. Grade B
***You are gorgeous and I love you...get rid of the nose hair!!! Grade A+



8) Get away from the family.

Oh this I do without a problem. Training for triathlon takes a whole lot of time away from the family. Grade A+
***Remember you don't like people...Grade A+



9) Deal with your side of the family.

Since I’m and only child and my parents aren’t a pain in the rear, this isn’t an issue. Grade A
***Your problem is you THINK you are an only child!!! Your mom is one of my best friends!!!Grade A



10) Don't lose your dating manners.

I could do better on this one. I try and remember to open the car and other doors but sometimes I forget. I shall endeavor to do better. Grade C+
***You do fine...I love our time together...especially walks and couch time!!! Grade A

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

3) Learn to apologize.

I’ll keep this in mind in case I’m ever wrong. Grade A+++
***You don't ever think you are wrong...Grade C+

The donk says: I know thats right!!!!!!!! ;)

8) Get away from the family.

Oh this I do without a problem. Training for triathlon takes a whole lot of time away from the family. Grade A+
***Remember you don't like people...Grade A+

the donk says: but he loves me... :)