Today is my year anniversary from being overweight. One year ago I weighed 163 lbs. My baby was about a year and 1/2. My mom had died on Feb 15, 2011 and after eating junk and comfort food for a month, I felt gross. My daughter was getting married in Aug and my 25th High school Reunion was in July. So, I asked a friend who lost 30lbs on the 17 day diet to help me out. I lost 35lbs and was a happy 127 during the festivities.
It is a year today and I am still 127 and love eating healthy and kinda like exercising. With the support of my triathlete/marathon husband I have kept it off.
My recent hour workout schedule looks a little like this:
Thanks to my personal trainer who helped me make a plan:
Gym 5-6:15 or so
Do HIIT run-looks like this:
warm up on 5 for 2 min
go to 6.5 for one min
go to 7. for one min
go to 7.5 for one min
go to 8 for one min
go to 8.5 for one min
go to 9 for one min
then back to 6.5 and do it again
I do this the circuit three times
Then I go to do weight training:
(do each 15 times for 3 rotations)http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
1. Chest Fly (on back with 15lb weight in each hand-bring up to each other)
2. Back Row (on each side with 25lb http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifweight, knuckle on bench, knee on bench, back straight, pull up weight like pulling a lawn mower cord up)
3. Shoulder Raise (10lb weight in each hand, stand up straight, lift up arms at the same time
4. Standing in one place a reverse lung with the 10lb weights in each hand about 15 times
5. 15 Tricep extension behind my back
6. Bicep Curls (hold a 15lb weight in each hand one at a time curl up arm-15 sets, so 30 times)
Then I do some ab workouts...the roman Chair, then some and leg lift/crunches.
On Tues/Thurs I use a ARC Trainer. Some days I go super easy...but today I think was one of my best ever workouts. I did the arc for one hour on resistance of 30, it ended up being 2.67 miles burning about 701 cal, plus I use 2lb hand weights in each hand doing arm lifts/boxing punches, and just pumping my arms with them. Not sure how I would do without my ipod. I have an hour worth of Christian pop music that really helps me get moving. Then home to shower and wait for the babies to wake up!
On Sat/Sun I sometimes take off, do a short run, workout video, or ab workouts. It all depends on our busy schedule.
THY WILL BE DONE!!!