Very proud of my husband and my college graduates!
See article below from the Washington Post:
Thy Will Be done!!! +JMJ+
Friday, August 12, 2016
Saturday, July 23, 2016
Best Fried Rice ever!
Dice up the following and set aside.
- 1 small onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
In a small bowl scramble 2 eggs. I push the cooked vegetables to one side of the pan and pour the eggs in and scramble.
Next add your cooked rice. Mix well. Add the following spices:
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons of sugar, depending on how sweet you like it
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons ginger powder
- crushed red peppers
- about 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Add a little more if rice seems too dry. Add diced meat or shrimp if making this as a main dish.
The Mass is the best means we have:
1. To render God the highest form of worship.
2. To thank Him for all His blessings.
3. To make reparation for all our sins.
4. To obtain all the blessings we desire.
5. To release souls from purgatory and to shorten our own time there.
6. To preserve us from all dangers to soul and body.
7. To be consoled at the hour of death, for at that moment their memory will be our greatest consolation.
8. To intercede for us at the Judgment Seat of God.
9. To bring down God's blessings; therefore, try to assist at Mass every day, or as often as possible, and, of course, on Sundays.
10. To better understand the sublimity of the Passion of Christ, and, therefore, to increase our love for Him.
- 10. Daily Mass will help put order in your homeschool.
- 9. Going to daily Mass teaches self-discipline.
- 8. Your children will have more opportunity to serve.
- 7. The repetition of attending daily Mass makes the Liturgy something familiar and loved.
- 6. Daily Mass is the perfect way to learn about the saints.
- 5. In 3 years of going to daily Mass, we will have read (almost) the entire Bible!
- 4. We can offer up our Mass for loved ones — living or deceased.
- 3. We are giving our children a foundation for life.
- 2. Daily Mass gives us the armor we and our children need to fight this earthy battle.
- 1. The more we attend Mass, the holier we will become!\
1. For thy salvation God the Father sends His beloved Son down from heaven.
2. For thy salvation the Holy Spirit changes bread and wine into the true body and blood of Christ.
3. For thy sake the Son of God comes down from heaven and conceals Himself under the form of the sacred host.
4. He even abases Himself to such an extent as to be present in the minutest particle of the sacred host.
5. For thy salvation He renews the saving mystery of the incarnation.
6. For thy salvation He is born anew into the world in a mystic manner whenever holy Mass is celebrated.
7. For thy salvation He performs upon the altar the same acts of worship that He performed when on earth.
8. For thy salvation He renews His bitter passion in order that thou mayest participate in it.
9. For thy salvation He mystically renews His death, and sacrifices for Thee His precious life.
10. For thy salvation He sheds His blood in a mystic manner, and offers it up for thee to the Divine Majesty.
11. With this precious blood He sprinkles thy soul and purifies it from every stain.
12. For thee Christ offers Himself as a true burnt-offering, and renders to the God-head the supreme honor which is its due.
13. By offering this act of worship to God thou dost make reparation for the glory which thou hast failed to give Him.
14. For thee Christ offers Himself to God as a sacrifice of praise, thus atoning for thy omissions in praising His holy name.
15. By offering to God this oblation which Christ offers thou givest Him greater praise than do the holy angels.
16. For thee Christ offers Himself as a perfect sacrifice of thanksgiving, making compensation for all failures on thy part to render thanks.
17. By offering to God Christ's act of thanksgiving thou dost make ample acknowledgment of all the benefits He had bestowed on thee.
18. For thee Christ offers Himself as the all-powerful victim, reconciling thee to the God Whom thou hast offended.
19. He pardons thee all thy venial sins, provided thou art firmly resolved to forsake them.
20. He also makes reparation for many of thy sins of omission, when thou didst leave undone the good thou mightest have done.
21. He removes many of the imperfections attached to thy good deeds.
22. He forgives thee the sins, unknown or forgotten, which thou hast never mentioned in confession.
23. He offers Himself as a victim to make satisfaction for a part at least of thy debts and transgressions.
24. Each time thou hearest Mass thou canst do more to pay the penalty due to thy sins than by the severest work of penance.
25. Christ places to thy credit a portion of His merits, which thou mayest offer to God the Father in expiation of thy offenses.
26. For thee Christ offers Himself as the most efficacious peace-offering, interceding for thee as earnestly as He interceded for His enemies on the cross.
27. His precious blood pleads for thee in words as countless as the drops which issued from His sacred veins.
28. Each of the adorable wounds His sacred body bore is a voice calling aloud for mercy for thee.
29. For the sake of this propitiatory victim the petitions proffered during Mass will be granted far sooner than those that are proffered at other times.
30. Never canst thou pray so well as whilst present at Mass.
31. This is so because Christ unites His prayers to thine, and offers them to His heavenly Father.
32. He aquaints Him with thy needs and the dangers to which thou art exposed, and makes thy eternal salvation His particular concern.
33. The angels also, who are present, plead for thee, and present thy poor prayers before the throne of God.
34. On thy behalf the priest says Mass by virtue of which the evil enemy will not be suffered to approach thee.
35. For thee and for thy everlasting salvation he says Mass, and offers that holy sacrifice to God Almighty.
36. When thou hearest Mass, thou art thyself in spirit a priest, empowered by Christ to offer the Mass both for thyself and others.
37. By offering this holy sacrifice thou dost present to the Blessed Trinity the most acceptable of all oblations.
38. Thou dost offer an oblation precious indeed, of greater value than all things in heaven and earth.
39. Thou dost offer an oblation precious indeed, for it is none other than God himself.
40. By this sacrifice thou dost honor God as He alone is worthy to be honored.
41. By this sacrifice thou dost give infinite satisfaction to the most Holy Trinity.
42. Thou mayest present this glorious oblation as thine own gift, for Christ Himself gave it unto thee.
43. When thou hearest Mass aright, thou dost perform an act of highest worship.
44. By hearing Mass thou dost pay the most profound reverence, the most loyal homage, to the sacred humanity of Our Lord.
45. It is the best means whereby to venerate the passion of Christ, and obtain a share in its fruits.
46. It is also the best means of venerating the Blessed Mother of God, and increasing her joy.
47. By hearing Mass thou canst give greater honor to the angels and saints than by reciting many prayers.
48. By hearing Mass devoutly thou canst also enrich thy soul more than by aught else in the world.
49. For in this act thou dost perform a good work of the highest value.
50. It is a signal exercise of pure faith, which will receive a great reward.
51. When thou dost bow down before the sacred host and the sacred chalice, thou dost perform a supreme act of adoration.
52. For each time thou dost gaze reverently upon the sacred host thou wilt receive a recompense from heaven.
53. Each time thou dost smite thy breast with compunction some of thy sins are remitted to thee.
54. If thou hearest Mass in a state of mortal sin, God offers thee the grace of conversion.
55. If thou hearest Mass in a state of grace, God gives thee an augmentation of grace.
56. In holy Mass thou dost spiritually eat the flesh of Christ, and drink His blood.
57. Thou art privileged to behold with thine eyes Christ hidden under the sacramental veil, and to be beheld by Him.
58. Thou dost receive the priest's benediction, which is confirmed by Christ in heaven.
59. Through thy diligence in hearing Mass thou wilt also obtain corporal and temporal blessings.
60. Furthermore, thou wilt be preserved from many misfortunes that would otherwise befall thee.
61. Thou wilt also be strengthened against temptations which would otherwise have vanquished thee.
62. Holy Mass will also be to thee a means of obtaining the grace of a holy death.
63. The love thou hast shown for Holy Mass wilt secure for thee the special succor of angels and saints in thy last moments.
64. The remembrance of the Masses heard in thy life time will be a sweet solace to thee in the hour of death, and inspire thee with confidence in the divine mercy.
65. They will not be forgotten when thou dost stand before the strict Judge and will incline Him to show thee favor.
66. Thou needest not fear a long and terrible purgatory if thou hast already to a great extent atoned for thy sins by frequently assisting at Holy Mass.
67. One Mass devoutly heard will do more to mitigate the pains of purgatory than any act of penance, however difficult of performance.
68. One Mass in thy lifetime will be of greater service to thee than many said for thee after death.
69. Thou wilt attain a high place in heaven, which will be thine to all eternity.
70. Thy felicity in heaven will, moreover, be increased by every Mass thou hearest on earth.
71. No prayers offered for thy friends will be as efficacious as a single Mass heard and offered on their behalf.
72. Thou canst amply recompense all thy benefactors by hearing Mass for their intention.
73. The best help, the greatest consolation, thou canst afford the afflicted, the sick, the dying, is to hear Mass for them.
74. By this same means thou canst even obtain for sinners the grace of conversion.
75. Thou canst also earn for all faithful Christians saving and salutary graces.
76. For the suffering souls in purgatory thou canst procure abundant refreshment.
77. And if it is not within thy power to have Mass said for thy departed friends thou canst by devout assistance at the holy sacrifice release them from the tormenting flames.
Saints comments about the power of mass:
Any time my family life falls apart, I know it's time to get to confession and get the kids back to daily mass. Dear Lord help me to be a good and holy mom...and help my children love daily mass and never commit a mortal sin!
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
God gives us many gifts, packages, presents, and graces, at our baptism. He wants us to use and enjoy them not disregard them and hide them in a corner or use them for the wrong purpose. There are tons of gifts/graces that were never opened or used by his loving children who have died. They are still sitting there at the altar. Through HIS MERCY, He wants us to take them and use and embrace them for HIS purpose and desire. Don't forget to ask and seek those gifts!!! Ask! Ask! Ask!!!
THY WILL BE DONE!!!+JMJ+
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
I have been a huge fan of people, especially mommies, to sleep more. Get on a good bedtime routine. Early to bed, early to rise...
I was recently introduced to the TED video series. I have only seen two and they are very informative. I hope the others aren't offensive.
This one is about sleep:
THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and parsley. Sprinkle spice mixture generously on both sides of chicken breasts.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons garlic powder and lime juice. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce.