Wednesday, September 5, 2012

17 Day diet: day 5:

Day five and feeling good...
(just between you and me...I would way rather be pregnant than lose weight)

Weigh in: 152.8 (started at 158.2 FIVE DAYS AGO)

Breakfast: 
Fage yogurt with strawberries
2 oranges

Lunch: 
2 turkey burgers
carrots

Dinner: 
Chicken breast
Celery

snack:
yogurt

***interesting fact:
Chobani blueberry vs Aldi's blueberry greek yogurt

Chobani: $1.00 (usually 10 for $10)
6oz =140 cal/ sugars 20g/protein 14g/sodium 65mg
ingredients don't mention the word sugar

Aldi's friendly farms yogurt:  89 cents each
6oz =140 cal/ sugars 18g/protein 14g/sodium 50mg
ingredients do mention the word sugar third

So I don't know what to tell ya...I go for the better deal as usual! I think they both taste great! I am now mixing them with plain when I want a special treat!

Workout:
tried my treadmill HITT workout...I lowered the speed and made it to second set...then I stopped. It looked a little like this:

M/W/F:
Gym 5-5:50am
Do HIIT run-looks like this:
warm up on 4 for 2 min
go to 5.5 for one min
go to 6. for one min
go to 6.5 for one min
go to 7.5 for one min
go to 8.0 for one min
then back to 5.5 and do it again

I do this the circuit three times (today I made it to 7.5 on the second set)

Then I go to do weight training:
(do each 15 times for 3 rotations)
1. Chest Fly (on back with 10lb weight in each hand-bring up to each other)
2. Back Row (on each side with 10 lb weight, knuckle on bench, knee on bench, back straight, pull up weight like pulling a lawn mower cord up)
3. Shoulder Raise (5 lb weight in each hand, stand up strait, lift up arms at the same time
4. Bicep Curls (hold a 10 lb weight in each hand one at a time curl up arm-15 sets, so 30 times)

Started day with hot lemon water...
Had 2 green teas and 6 of my 8oz's of water...so off to have more water and tea!

THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

2 comments:

Lena said...

keep up the good work! thanks for the reminder to enjoy every moment of this blessed time of baby making. i needed it today after i realized just how much weight i have gained. i will offer up my small discomforts for you and your dear family.
may you continue to inspire all with your faith and willingness to surrender.
Ad Jesum per Mariam,
Lena

Mom2Seven said...

You go, girl! ;) I'm with you, I'd much rather be pregnant than trying to diet. I've been fortunate and have never really struggled with my weight (an advantage of being tall); but, now, well into my 40's, I've noticed my waist thickening... and my neck is starting to look old! :( Keep up the good work! +JMJ+