Monday, August 31, 2009

MOVIE REVIEW MONDAY...

I have been spending alot of time on the couch or bed at night...usually by 7:30pm after the little guys are in bed I will watch a movie...

So, I thought I would make use of it and blog about the movies I have watched...

First of all I have to mentions that I pretty much hate TV. We didn't have a tv for about nine years and I loved it. I am very hyper and never have time to sit still so tv has no use for me. This pregnancy has wiped me out...I don't know if it is my age, the heat, or both.

This weekend I watched two very depressing movies...my husband thinks it is kinda creepy , I dont' know if it is the pregnancy. It is probably because our local library has a free video library...you can get six movies on Friday and return them on Monday night. So, I get what I can.

The first movie I watched was Angela's Ashes. My sister's really liked the book, but I did not like the movie. Besides being depressing, it had lots of inappropriate scenes.

The other movie I watched was the Boy in the Stripped Pajamas. I thought is was good, sad but good. I would suggest ages 13 and over. It was for mature audiences.

THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read Angela's Ashes and I HATED it. I also read one of Salman Rushdie's books and I hated that too. That was back when I had a need to be hip and acquainted with what was popular and current etc. Forget it, give me LOTR or Jane Austen any day.

Caroline said...

You should read "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" by John Boyne.
While the movie adaptation was good, it did make several signicant changes. I liked the movie but it left me unsettled and angry (perhaps that was intended?). The book is written comletely from Bruno's point of view. It's a really good book.