Monday, March 9, 2009

Wonderful Feast days today...

Our all time favorite: Dominic Savio and a great woman saint St. Francis of Rome. Dominic Savio is totally on my top five favorite saints!!!

His four amazing promises are:
Before his First Communion, Dominic had made four promises and wrote them in a little book which he often re-read. He wrote:
1. I will go often to confession and I will go to Holy Communion as often as I am allowed.

2. I will try to give Sundays and holy days completely to God.
3. My best friends will be Jesus and Mary.
4. Death rather than sin.

One of my favorite stories of St. Francis of Rome was as she was doing her meditation, her family kept needing her attention. So she would get up and meet their needs, go back meditate, meet needs, try to meditate, meet needs some more...one time she went back to read and the words had been turned gold. She also would say, "A married woman must leave God at the altar to find Him in her domestic cares;" Her and her husband never argued for 40 years...sorry honey, maybe the next 40 will work...Thank you Jesus for seeing the struggles mom's have to spend time with you...and no, I haven't had any words turn Gold in my books!!!

Thank you Jesus for such faithful examples of loving you!!!

THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

No comments: