Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Menu for Lent...

My friend sent this to me...and since I hate to cook, this is my kind of menu: I hope I can do it!!!

MENU FOR LENT - FAST AND FEAST

Fast for judging others; feast on Christ dwelling in them
Fast from emphasis on differences; feast on the unity of all life
Fast from words that pollute; feast on phrases that purify
Fast from discontent; feast on gratitude
Fast from anger; feast on patience
Fast from pessimism; feast on optimism
Fast from complaining; feast on appreciation
Fast from negatives; feast on
affirmatives
Fast from hostility; feast on non-resistance
Fast from bitterness; feast on
forgiveness
Fast from self-concern; feast on compassion for others
Fast from discouragement; feast on
hope
Fast from lethargy; feast on enthusiasm
Fast from suspicion; feast on truth
Fast from thoughts that weaken; feast from promises that inspire
Fast from idle gossip; feast on purposeful silence
Fast from problems that overwhelm, feast on prayer that sustains...


THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just pick one-it might take me all year to achieve any success in just one- great list!

Rob said...

i thought this was going to be a post about food - moving on now