Saturday, March 14, 2009

IMITATION OF CHRIST: Meditation of the day...

The Forty-Fifth Chapter
All Men Are Not to Be Believed, for It Is Easy to Err in Speech (part one)

The Disciple
GRANT me help in my needs, O Lord, for the aid of man is useless. How often have I failed to find faithfulness in places where I thought I possessed it! And how many times I have found it where I least expected it! Vain, therefore, is hope in men, but the salvation of the just is in You, O God. Blessed be Your name, O Lord my God, in everything that befalls us.

We are weak and unstable, quickly deceived and changed. Who is the man that is able to guard himself with such caution and care as not sometimes to fall into deception or perplexity? He who confides in You, O Lord, and seeks You with a simple heart does not fall so easily. And if some trouble should come upon him, no matter how entangled in it he may be, he will be more quickly delivered and comforted by You. For You will not forsake him who trusts in You to the very end.

Lord, thank you for this simple meditation, help me confide in You and seek You with a simple heart!!!

THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

No comments: