Thursday, January 22, 2009

IMITATION OF CHRIST: Meditation of the day...

The Thirtieth Chapter
The Quest of Divine Help and Confidence in Regaining Grace (part three)


This is where I left off last time: I know your secret thoughts, and I know that it is profitable for your salvation to be left sometimes in despondency lest perhaps you be puffed up by success and fancy yourself to be what you are not.

What I have given, I can take away and restore when it pleases Me. What I give remains Mine, and thus when I take it away I take nothing that is yours, for every good gift and every perfect gift is Mine.

If I send you trouble and adversity, do not fret or let your heart be downcast. I can raise you quickly up again and turn all your sorrow into joy. I am no less just and worthy of great praise when I deal with you in this way.

If you think aright and view things in their true light, you should never be so dejected and saddened by adversity, but rather rejoice and give thanks, considering it a matter of special joy that I afflict you with sorrow and do not spare you. “As the Father hath loved Me, so also I love you,” I said to My disciples, and I certainly did not send them out to temporal joys but rather to great struggles, not to honors but to contempt, not to idleness, but to labors, not to rest but to bring forth much fruit in patience. Do you, My child, remember these words.

So I guess we are to remember that we will have struggles, contempt, labor, and need to be patient...at this time I am working on Humility; with the help of my teenagers!!!

THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

No comments: