Monday, January 12, 2009

PREGNANCY SNACKS...

I will be adding to this during my pregnancy, so if you have any great suggestions send them!!!

Graham Crackers with peanut butter and raisins on top...for some reason I eat this all the time in the beginning of my pregnancy.

Fruit Shakes: any thing I have in the freezer or refrigerator. Yogurt, fruit, milk, orange juice, ice, jello powder, ice cream, sherbet. (did you know there is only one r in sherbet? My entire life I have said and spelled it this way: sherbert!!!) Just find the right combo and you are set. This is obviously what we do with fruit going bad, especially bananas. We freeze most of the fruit and use it when we need it.

Sunny Apple Salad: carrots grated, apples chopped (nice if you have different kinds), and a can of pineapple drained. (crushed works best) Add two tablespoons of orange juice concentrate and mix!!! The kids even like this...it is a great side dish when making food for a family with a new baby!!!

More later!!!

THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam!

I'm Jo and I'm pregnant with baby #13- due in April- I love reading about other double digit moms! I have a blog in here to so I am wanting to try to list yours as a link on mine. God bless you and your family!
Jo Flemings

Gretchen said...

Silly question, I know, but you just add powdered jello for some flavor? Do you use a lot?

Thanks!

Sam said...

Gretchen: I only use the jello when it tastes gross and I want to add some flavor and color...my kids will pretty much drink anything pink!!! I use a combination of all sorts of stuff. Don't ever waste...what they wont drink...I put in the freezer to add to the next smoothy!!!

Jo: welcome and congrats on #13!!!