Monday, January 12, 2009

IMITATION OF CHRIST: Meditation of the day...

The Twenty-Fifth Chapter
The Basis of Firm Peace of Heart and True Progress (part three)


The Disciple
In what do they consist, Lord?

The Voice of Christ
They consist in offering yourself with all your heart to the divine will, not seeking what is yours either in small matters or great ones, either in temporal or eternal things, so that you will preserve equanimity and give thanks in both prosperity and adversity, seeing all things in their proper light.

If you become so brave and long-suffering in hope that you can prepare your heart to suffer still more even when all inward consolation is withdrawn, and if you do not justify yourself as though you ought not be made to suffer such great things, but acknowledge Me to be just in all My works and praise My holy name—then you will walk in the true and right path of peace, then you may have sure hope of seeing My face again in joy. If you attain to complete contempt of self, then know that you will enjoy an abundance of peace, as much as is possible in this earthly life.

Why couldn't I remember this yesterday...I was in one of those moods...couldn't shake it. I get so frustrated with myself when I don't remember the peace that lives within me!!! Dearest Lord, forgive my frustration and thank you for reminding me of your abundance of peace!!!

THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

No comments: