Sunday, January 11, 2009

IMITATION OF CHRIST: Meditation of the day...

The Twenty-Fifth Chapter
The Basis of Firm Peace of Heart and True Progress (part two)


The Disciple
What, then, shall I do, Lord?

The Voice of Christ
Watch yourself
in all things, in what you do and what you say. Direct your every intention toward pleasing Me alone, and desire nothing outside of Me. Do not be rash in judging the deeds and words of others, and do not entangle yourself in affairs that are not your own. Thus, it will come about that you will be disturbed little and seldom.

Yet, never to experience any disturbance or to suffer any hurt in heart or body does not belong to this present life, but rather to the state of eternal rest. Do not think, therefore, that you have found true peace if you feel no depression, or that all is well because you suffer no opposition. Do not think that all is perfect if everything happens just as you wish. And do not imagine yourself great or consider yourself especially beloved if you are filled with great devotion and sweetness. For the true lover of virtue is not known by these things, nor do the progress and perfection of a man consist in them.


Lord God, help me to guard my thoughts and words. Through frequenting the sacraments I know you will give me the grace to be strong against these temptations. Forgive my pride and thank you for the many gifts and blessings you have bestowed on my and my family.

THY WILL BE DONE!!!+JMJ+

No comments: