Wednesday, July 1, 2009

GET A GRIP!!!

I have been married for 20 years and I am constantly trying to get a grip on housework.

Even when I just had one kid, I wasn't that great of a housekeeper.

Now I have to accept the reality that I will never get a grip on the following:

-being done with laundry (unless we start going naked)
-having all socks matched
-having the entire house clean at once (when I clean one room-they trash the other)
-being able to get my laundry room organized (it never stays clean for more than 3 days)
-having my classroom organized
-opening the van door and not having something fall out when I open it
-having all the bikes and strollers, etc...in the garage well ordered
-being able to walk up stairs and see all five bedrooms clean (nine kids sleep up there)

Of course I will keep trying to get a grip on the housework, but I won't let it get a grip on me...because I wouldn't change my life for anything!!! I am so in love with my husband and so happy that I am expecting my 12th child.

THY WILL BE DONE!!!+JMJ+

6 comments:

Kris said...

LOL! I SO agree with this list and your sentiments :)

Rob said...

(unless we start going naked)

Well that's one idea

being able to walk up stairs and see all five bedrooms clean

that's why i never go upstairs

I'm so in love with my husband

and why wouldn't you be?

Maurisa said...

Thanks Sam, those are the exact same things I try to get a grip on. It's good to know I am not alone ;)

Party of Eleven said...

They are all true, but this one is my favorite:

"-opening the van door and not having something fall out when I open it"

It never fails. Thanks, Sam!

Tonya said...

I figure I will have all those things, once the kids are out of the house. Until then, I know we all choose to enjoy our kids and not stress too much over the constant mess! ;-)

shivaun said...

Beautiful post! Thank you :)