Sunday, October 5, 2008

Rules for dating my daughter...revisited...

After having a conversation at a party with a friend last night it looks like I need to repost my rules on dating... She says, "Regarding dating in junior high and high school, I don't see the purpose in it but I know most kids do it. I know I did it and it caused lots of hurt and grief for me when I was still so young and impressionable." Rules for dating my daughter... RULES FOR DATING MY DAUGHTER feel free to keep this for your own daughter’s dates someday…(my oldest just turned 18-yikes) 1. KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF. a)hand holding and friendly hugs acceptable 2. TREAT HER LIKE A PRINCESS a)hold doors open for her b)pull out her chair c)look for opportunities to spoil her 3. GUARD HER PURITY a)be careful of the movies you watch b)watch out for the music you listen to c)don’t put her in an uncomfortable situation 4. SPEND TIME WITH OUR FAMILY a)we aren’t as bad as we sound b)we would like to get to know you 5. WATCH WHERE YOU TAKE HER a)public places are great b)group dating is better c)don’t be left alone 6. ENTERTAIN HER CREATIVELY a)watching movies is fun, but try something different b)There are tons of free public activities...if you can't find them I will drive! c)going for a walk is nice 7. DRIVE CAREFULLY a)you are driving precious cargo, and I don’t mean your car! 8. BE HER FRIEND FIRST a)treat her the way you would want your sister or future daughter to be treated!!! 9. SUPPORT HER FAITH a)you are always welcome to come to church with us. 10. DID I MENTION KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF? For a funny opinion click here

2 comments:

momto5minnies said...

I've got to save this as I have 5 daughters ... sigh.

No dating yet.

Anonymous said...

momto5minnies...I thought I had it bad...at least my five daughters have six brothers to scare, beat up, and make the lives of any potential boys miserable!!!