Sunday, October 5, 2008

IMITATION OF CHRIST: Meditation of the day...

Although you were taken to the third heaven with Paul, you were not thereby insured against suffering. Jesus said: “I will show him how great things he must suffer for My name’s sake.” Acts 9:16 (It kinda sounds like a punishment; it is a gift to share in the sufferings with Christ. I feel sooooo inadequate to talk about suffering...I do know in my tiny discomforts in life...that I some how feel closer and wiser in the end.)

To suffer, then, remains your lot, if you mean to love Jesus and serve Him forever.
If you were but worthy to suffer something for the name of Jesus, what great glory would be in store for you, what great joy to all the saints of God, what great edification to those about you! (I know a few people that suffer silently...just being around them makes me feel closer to Christ.) For all men praise patience though there are few who wish to practice it. (so true!!!)
With good reason, then, ought you to be willing to suffer a little for Christ since many suffer much more for the world.


Realize that you must lead a dying life; the more a man dies to himself, the more he begins to live unto God.

"Love Jesus and serve Him forever"...my soul desire!!!

THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

No comments: