Monday, October 20, 2008

IMITATION OF CHRIST: Meditation of the day...

In my Sunday morning rush...I should of read on to see that my meditation yesterday was a conversation with the disciple and Christ...I also am trying a new site to get my meditation on. Same writer and translation, so we will see if I can still get the fast results I had from the last site.

The Sixth Chapter:
The Proving of a True Lover


The Voice of Christ
MY CHILD, you are not yet a brave and wise lover.

The Disciple
Why, Lord?

The Voice of Christ
Because, on account of a slight difficulty you give up what you have undertaken and are too eager to seek consolation.

The brave lover stands firm in temptations and pays no heed to the crafty persuasions of the enemy. As I please him in prosperity, so in adversity I am not displeasing to him. The wise lover regards not so much the gift of Him Who loves as the love of Him Who gives. He regards the affection of the Giver rather than the value of the gift, and sets his Beloved above all gifts. The noble lover does not rest in the gift but in Me Who am above every gift.


THY WILL BE DONE!!!+JMJ+

No comments: