Friday, October 17, 2008

IMITATION OF CHRIST: Meditation of the day...

The Fifth Chapter
The Wonderful Effect of Divine Love

The Disciple (part three)


If a man loves, he will know the sound of this voice. For this warm affection of soul is a loud voice crying in the ears of God, and it says: “My God, my love, You are all mine and I am all Yours. Give me an increase of love, that I may learn to taste with the inward lips of my heart how sweet it is to love, how sweet to be dissolved in love and bathe in it. Let me be rapt in love. Let me rise above self in great fervor and wonder. Let me sing the hymn of love, and let me follow You, my Love, to the heights. Let my soul exhaust itself in praising You, rejoicing out of love. Let me love You more than myself, and let me not love myself except for Your sake. In You let me love all those who truly love You, as the law of love, which shines forth from You, commands.”

Dear Lord, I love you more than anything in this world!!! Help me hear Your voice and share your love with others You have placed in my life!!!

THY WILL BE DONE!!!+JMJ+

No comments: