Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Daily Meditation...

I interupt this daily meditation of the Imitation of Christ to share one of my all time favorite gospels!!! I got the chance to attend daily mass early this morning and found that it was this amazing gospel...Thank you Jesus for the many gifts you give to us in the sacraments!!!

Gospel
Lk 11:5-13


Jesus said to his disciples:
“Suppose one of you has a friend
to whom he goes at midnight and says,
‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread,
for a friend of mine has arrived at my house from a journey
and I have nothing to offer him,’ (That is totally me...yes, I am one of those annoying neighbors who asks for things like that...)
and he says in reply from within,
‘Do not bother me; the door has already been locked
and my children and I are already in bed.
I cannot get up to give you anything.’
(I have awesome neighbors, who practically give me whatever I want and need!!!)
I tell you, if he does not get up to give him the loaves
because of their friendship,
he will get up to give him whatever he needs
because of his persistence.

“And I tell you, ask and you will receive;
seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks, receives;
and the one who seeks, finds;
and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
(This is my mantra...I have few gifts...but, this as anyone who knows me...is one of my strongest!!! The reason of my survival!!!)
What father among you would hand his son a snake
when he asks for a fish?
Or hand him a scorpion when he asks for an egg?
If you then, who are wicked,
know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much
more will the Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit
to those who ask him?”


If this is not one of your strong points...than work on it...you can do much more for the Kingdom of Christ if you leave behind your pride and learn to ask for help...from Christ and from others!!!

Dear Lord, Thank you for always answering my prayers!!! I know I am a spoiled brat and always get what I want, as well as what I need!!! Help me to always be grateful. I am so undeserving of all you give me please bless us with another child as well as the countless others we know who too crave for a baby. AMEN!!!

THY WILL BE DONE!!!+JMJ+

No comments: