Friday, August 22, 2008

Big Hug from God

I got a Big HUG from GOD today!!! It is unnecessary but great when I see them!!!

This morning I was in adoration and my big intention was gaining wisdom and strength as I send my oldest off to LIVE at a secular college!!! I just felt overwhelmed with the thoughts of my sweet daughter being thrown to the wolves!!!

I am not a big one for just opening my bible to see what God wants to tell me...but, I said, "Lord, I need to tell my daughter something. Please let me know what I need to tell her before she leaves for school!" I then opened my bible...flipped to the New Testament and BOOM!!! Right on the page where my eyes fell to was:

Gospel Mt 22:34-40

He said to him,“You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart,with all your soul, and with all your mind.This is the greatest and the first commandment.The second is like it:You shall love your neighbor as yourself.The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.”

That was it!!! That was exactly what I wanted to tell her!!! My concern for her not staying close to Christ and her precious faith. My other concern is her living with 3 other young ladies whom we don't know, and all the stress that comes with friends and uncharitable situations!!!

This is exactly what I wanted her to know!!! Thank you LORD for this perfect word!!!

If it can't get any better...I also had the pleasure of getting to mass for the feast of the Queenship of Our Lady!!! As I sat there meditating on the first reading, I looked up to hear the Gospel proclaimed and guess what!!! It was Mt 22:34-40!!!

How great is that!!! I almost fell off my seat!!!

Than, to top it off...The Communion meditation was:

Blessed is she who believes in the fulfillment of the Lord. Luke 1:45

That is my total desire Lord!!! To BELIEVE IN THE fulfillment of Your precious word!!!

No comments: