Friday, September 4, 2009

Guardian Angels...

What would we do without our Guardian Angels? I shudder to think of the many, many, mishaps I would of been in if it wasn't for my and my guardian angels. Not to mention the many months I have been pregnant and had an extra angel on board.

Years ago...probably more than 2o, a mentor of mine shared with me the importance of our guardian angel. So much to the point that we should name our angel. Through prayer I came up with Malachi. Many years later I found out that Malachi means: messenger of God. What a God thing!!!

I also learned and have used Padre Pio's suggestion of sending your guardian angel to others.

So again this morning like most others my Guardian angel woke me up for daily mass...usually around 6:10am I am awoken to get up and go to mass. The bonus this morning was the reminder that it was FIRST FRIDAY and I needed to go to the grocery store to buy applesauce for SOME. (the local food share program for the needy)

First Friday Promises:

1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state in life.

2. I will give peace in their families.

3. I will console them in all their troubles.

4. They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of death.

5. I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.

6. Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.

7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.

8. Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.

9. I will bless the homes in which the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honoured.

10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.

11. Those who propagate this devotion shall have their name written in My Heart, and it shall never be effaced.

12. The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under My displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My Heart shall be their assured refuge at the last hour
.

Thanks again Malachi!!! I love you!!!
BTW...Adventures in Odyssey has a great show about an angel named Malachi. Download it here. YOU can listen to other Adventures in Odyssey shows here.

THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

No comments: