Monday, July 30, 2012

In sickness and in health...

Rob and I renewing our vows on our 20th anniversary in 2009...yes, I was 6 months pregnant...
 For 23 years I have accepted as a privilege to get up early in the morning with my babies and little ones. I know it sounds crazy but I am a morning person. I have pretty much gotten up every day from 4:30 AM to 7 AM to get the kids situated; all except Mother's Day and maybe my birthday. So, you can imagine the poor shock to my hubby at having to get up, feed and change our 6-month-old foster baby, and the two & four-year-old! I can sometimes hear him thinking...What exactly did I say on our wedding day?
 Well, it went like this:
"Rob and Sam, have you come here freely and without reservation to give yourselves to each other in marriage?"

"Will you honor each other as man and wife for the rest of your lives?"

"Will you accept children lovingly from God, (large amount of laughter from congregation) and bring them up according to the law of Christ and his Church?"
Priest: Since it is your intention to enter into marriage, join your right hands, and declare your consent before God and his Church.

Groom: I,"Sam-um Rob" (more laughter), take you, Sam, to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.
Bride: I, Sam, take you, Rob, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.
Then the priest said, "See you in nine months for the baptism!" How did my pastor know I would get pregnant on my honeymoon?

Well, I am sure he figured on the SICKNESS AND HEALTH thing happening later in life and not when we still had eleven kids still at home. At least my older two come back to help him out during the week and GOD BLESS my other kids 10 to 19 who have been driving, feeding, changing, and entertaining the five little ones! My family and friends have been unbelievable during this trial too.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE PRAYERS AND SACRIFICES 
THAT ARE GETTING ME THROUGH THIS!

THY WILL BE DONE!!!+JMJ+

No comments: