Friday, July 27, 2012

CONSECRATING A CHILD

CONSECRATION OF ONE’S CHILDREN TO JESUS, MARY AND JOSEPH
(Adapted from a prayer by St John Eudes and other sources.)

O Jesus, only Son of God, only Son of Mary, I come to Thee as an unworthy parent, and I humbly consecrate to thy Most Sacred Heart, now and for eternity, the soul of my child STEVEN. I surrender him to Thy sweet yoke and place him at the foot of Thy Cross. I offer Thee for him the most loving Heart of Thy Most Holy Mother Mary, which is more precious and pleasing to Thee than all hearts, and I beg Thee by her merits to show Thyself to him a Savior.

O Mary, Mother of Jesus, I come to Thee as an unworthy parent, and I humbly consecrate to thy Most Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart, now and for eternity, the soul of my child STEVEN. I offer Thee for him the most adorable Heart of Thy Son Jesus, who is the life, love and joy of Thy own Heart, and I beg Thee by the infinite merits of the Divine Son, Thou who art our Mother in the order of grace, to obtain the grace of salvation for my child.

O glorious St. Joseph, I come to thee and ask thee to take under thy special protection my child STEVEN. I consecrate him to thee today, that through this consecration he may become your foster child. Guard him, guide his steps in life, and form his heart after the Hearts of Jesus and Mary. O glorious St. Joseph, who felt the tribulation and worry of a parent when the child Jesus was lost, protect him for time and eternity. May you be his father and counselor. Preserve him from the corruption of this world, and obtain for us the grace to be united in heaven forever. Amen.

FOR ALL MY CHILDREN I PRAY!
THY WILL BE DONE!!!+JMJ+

No comments: