Friday, June 26, 2009

Persevering through BEDTIME routines...

I am trying to persevere through this...I didn't realize how out of schedule the 5 and 3 year old have been.

Last night they loved reading the rules and doing them one by one...but when we got to #10-wow, be more specific mom!!!

1. GO POTTY
2. SHOWER/ BATH/WASH UP
3. BRUSH TEETH
4. PUT ON PJ'S
5. SAY PRAYERS (especially guardian angel prayer for no bad dreams)
6. READ BEDTIME STORY
7. GET IN BED
8. PUT ON TAPE OR LISTEN TO ODDESSY ON THE RADIO
9. READ QUIETLY
10 STAY IN BED!!!


"What happens if we come out?" "You will get in trouble and I will turn off the radio." "But, what if there is an emergency???" "The only reason you can come down stairs is if you are bleeding and the house on fire. If you have to go to the bathroom you may go. Now go to sleep."

So at 12:30 am I was awoken to two little girls sitting on the top of the stairs crying that it wasn't an emergency but the 3 year old couldn't sleep!!! I trudged my big fat pregnant self back down stairs into bed and tried to fall back asleep...just as I started to sleep I heard the 3 year old cry again...so I stomped in her room and told her I was going to take her toys out of her crib if she did not go to sleep!!! That seemed to do the trick, till around 3am when the 5 year old "said" she had a bad dream and hopped in bed with me...(hmmm, I forgot the bad dream scam) so we will try again, and again, and again!!!

THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

No comments: