Wednesday, September 10, 2008

IMITATION OF CHRIST: Meditation of the day...

Loving Jesus Above All Things (part one)

BLESSED is he who appreciates what it is to love Jesus and who despises himself for the sake of Jesus. Give up all other love for His, since He wishes to be loved alone above all things.

Affection for creatures is deceitful and inconstant, but the love of Jesus is true and enduring. He who clings to a creature will fall with its frailty, but he who gives himself to Jesus will ever be strengthened.
(It is a strange concept to understand how we need to give Christ our families as well. When I became a mom, I felt I had finally accomplished my goal in life. Every second of my day was obsessed with this little girl Christ had given me. I started neglecting my faith, my husband, my housekeeping...everything revolved around this little being. It took me awhile to find balance again, to make time for short meditation time (even just 5 min) and realize that MARRIAGE IS A SACRAMENT not parenting!!! I saw the closer I was to Christ and my husband the better mother I was. I am finding...and still trying to find...that the better home maker I am...the better mom I am!!! I am trying...and still trying to get organized...I find the more organized I am the better Catholic, wife, and mother I am!!! So in the end I love my kids more than ever!!!)

Love Him, then; keep Him as a friend. He will not leave you as others do, or let you suffer lasting death. Sometime, whether you will or not, you will have to part with everything. Cling, therefore, to Jesus in life and death; trust yourself to the glory of Him who alone can help you when all others fail.

THY WILL BE DONE!!!+JMJ+

No comments: