Friday, November 7, 2008

Today's gospel reading

JUST THE LAST VERSE:
For the children of this world are more prudent in dealing with their own generation than the children of light...Gospel Lk 16:8

hmmm...never really got this...OK LORD...help me to be prudent!!!

Message from my friend Cheryl:
That's how I felt... so I watched the USCCB video reflection for today...and Father Friedman said (and I'm paraphrasing) that the dishonest steward (child of the world) went through a lot of trouble to get out of his mess... and the "children of light" would do well to exercise a kind of prudence that is as dedicated (while being honest) as the children of the world often demonstrate... The steward's dedication is a quality which, when turned to the service of the kingdom, is often lacking among us within the church...Thanks for your insight Cheryl!!!

No comments: