Sunday, November 2, 2008

PUTTING THE KIDS TO BED EARLY...

This is the day each year for the past 12 years that I share one of those..."how do you do it?" questions...

One of the best things my husband and I learned and embraced many years ago when I was pregnant with our fifth, was to put our kids to bed early!!! We started to put them to bed at 7pm. This is a perfect time of year to utilize this practice with the time change...just remember...that with early to bed comes early to wake...it really didn't change my wake up time, since I was waking up with the babies anyway. I also am a morning person!!!It made my kids eat earlier, for all meals, which was fine...but in the long run it was one of the best things we every did. My husband and I had time together, we could go out at night without having a sitter or family have to put to bed a house full of little guys.

***THE SECRET TO THIS SUCCESS IS GOING TO BED EARLY YOURSELVES TOO!!!

As usual...when I give advice...you must decide with your spouse what is best for your family. I had one friend whose husband wanted her to do this...she worked at home midnights doing computer work for a hospital and was exhausted in the morning...it just didn't work for their family...and she just kept feeling inadequate.

No comments: