Wednesday, November 19, 2008

IMITATION OF CHRIST: Meditation of the day...

The Tenth Chapter
To Despise the World and Serve God is Sweet

The Disciple(PART ONE)

NOW again I will speak, Lord, and will not be silent. I will speak to the hearing of my God, my Lord, and my King Who is in heaven. How great, O Lord, is the multitude of Your mercies which You have stored up for those who love You. But what are You to those who love You? What are You to those who serve You with their whole heart?

Truly beyond the power of words is the sweetness of contemplation You give to those who love You. To me You have shown the sweetness of Your charity, especially in having made me when I did not exist, in having brought me back to serve You when I had gone far astray from You, in having commanded me to love You.

Lord I know you know the love I have for you in my heart. I have no problem not being silent...help me to better LISTEN to you and do your will!!!

THY WILL BE DONE!!!+JMJ+

No comments: