Friday, November 7, 2008

IMITATION OF CHRIST: Meditation of the day...

The Eighth Chapter
Self-Abasement in the Sight of God

The Disciple (part two)

It is Your love that does this, graciously upholding me, supporting me in so many necessities, guarding me from so many grave dangers, and snatching me, as I may truly say, from evils without number. Indeed, by loving myself badly I lost myself; by seeking only You and by truly loving You I have found both myself and You, and by that love I have reduced myself more profoundly to nothing. For You, O sweetest Lord, deal with me above all my merits and above all that I dare to hope or ask.

May You be blessed, my God, for although I am unworthy of any benefits, yet Your nobility and infinite goodness never cease to do good even for those who are ungrateful and far from You. Convert us to You, that we may be thankful, humble, and devout, for You are our salvation, our courage, and our strength.
(especially for our country under a new president.)

TODAY I WILL STRIVE TO BE ANOTHER CHRIST TO MY CHILDREN BY:
Not being harsh
Showing them respect
Avoid rudeness
Be attentive
Ask forgiveness when I fail

THY WILL BE DONE!!!+JMJ+

No comments: