Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Driving makes me fat...

Driving makes me fat...
I do not like to drive. I do not like to try to lose weight. So, I should never do both at the same time. Not being a big carpool fan I grumbled at the thought of picking up two of my kids yesterday from their Tutor School which meets 2 days a week. Knowing my limitations to driving, especially in the afternoon, I knew I needed to prepare for the drive. Since I get tired instantly when I am in the car, I usually bring provisions to keep me awake. This time I grabbed a large water bottle, piece of gum, 2 small bags of popcorn (100 cal. each) and was off on my voyage. I didn't even get out of the driveway when the gum was popped into my mouth. The flavor was gone by the time I left my town...well; let me keep chewing for awhile before I down the other stuff...the other stuff...where did it go? I was driving my 15 passenger van by myself so I had no help in finding the water bottle and bags of popcorn. I knew I packed it, but wouldn't be surprised if I forgot it somewhere on the way. So I kept busy so not to get sleepy...listened to a funny tape, stretched, chewed...When I finally got to my destination I asked the kids if they had any candy, food, anything. The other 3 kids in my car were wondering why I was begging for food, my kids know I need to consume to stay alert. No candy no treats...than my son said he had a 1/2 of sandwich in his bag...I'll take it!!! I pretty much swallowed it whole. About 3 minutes when by and I needed more...Can anyone find my water bottle and bags of popcorn??? Look under the seats, it probably rolled back there. The cute little girl in back said she found one, but it was covered in chocolate...That's fine, I'll take it!!! My poor teenagers were probably humiliated that the van was at its normal disaster look with left over Easter stuff in the car. Shoes, skirts, candy, Easter grass, water bottles...who knows what else. Then my daughter spotted one of the bags of popcorn, so I gobbled it up. Then, I drank the water trying not to touch the chocolate. At this point we were almost home and I could fast for the next 5 minutes!!! So the lesson learned is not to try to lose weight or drive carpool. +JMJ+

No comments: