Tuesday, March 25, 2008

CLEANING...

All of you don't know me...I am totally new to this entire blog stuff...but if you did you would know how much I hate cleaning, especially after my 11 kids. Well, since we aren't doing school this week I decided to do some cleaning. It started with the big bathroom mirror, I hate cleaning windows and mirrors...within seconds one of my sweet children touch them, shake their wet hands on them, kiss them, or decide to touch with their grubby hands. So I usually let them stay that way until company. I remembered I bought some glass wet wipes at the Target $store and thought, "what the heck" it can't hurt to try...so I did the mirror and it turned out great!!! Than the windows in the living room...pretty good-just as good as the other stuff I used. It was well worth the $ I spent.

Then I started wiping down the walls behind the dinner table-yuck! I was using a rag with soap on it and scrubbing away, when I remembered my sister gave me a box of those eraser sponges. I had heard they worked great but never seem to find extra money for stuff like that. Well, I did the walls-worked great, tried the white trim-worked great, why not try the wood floors-wonderful...than off to the cabinets-still worked, than to the dishwashers (both of them) still worked great!!! After getting a new sponge I went to the ovens, than the refrigerators, wow, I couldn't believe it. Then off to the scuffs on the front door-no way they could get that...yep, they did!!! Even the outside shutters!!! OK...I got to go and clean some more...HEY HONEY, can't wait till you see the house!!!

Day 2 with my Brawny eraser sponges...gunk off bottom of dishwasher...kick marks off bathroom door: from siblings in need of a potty-quick...marks off wall where green leather chair hit, Christmas tree scrape marks off new kitchen ceiling..GONE-GONE-GONE...Now off to see if I can do commercials for this product...

http://www.frugalfun.com/cleansers.html

Cleaning tip of the day: Open mail in front of the trash can so you can throw away most of it...

No comments: