Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Advent/St. Lucy's Day this year...

I know I am a little late, but I finally have time to post about our Advent. Even thou we try to celebrate Advent as a time of penance and preparation...we have so much going on at our home!!! Dec. 1st we celebrate a birthday...the 4Th St. Barbara's day -for our "Babs", then St.Nicholas Day, off to the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, and we love St. Juan Diego and Our Lady of Guadalupe has been my favorite for 16 years!!! Than we celebrate another birthday, and we have a mother/daughter cookie exchange with 5o of our favorite people!!! And of course the Blessing of our baby Jesus' where we had about 40 kids and their parents over...oh yea-there was the annual family Christmas party we hosted with 70 of our (my) favorite relatives....part of being the youngest of nine. Then Christmas Eve-getting our tree, and decorating it, finishing up all the photo albums I was making for family...our meatless dinner-my hubby made. Exchanging Advent angle gifts with the kids...wrapping stocking stuff for 10 children...we sent Br. Joshua his stuff. Not to mention staying sane, healthy, and our eyes on the CHRIST CHILD!!! Not to mention...still trying to celebrate Christmas till Epiphany and not yell too much about all the junk-I mean toys they got from everyone!!!

So here are my little St. Lucy's after they served their brothers and two sisters in bed...we just couldn't get over the two oldest choosing to sleep, over our coco and treats...








No comments: