Monday, June 30, 2008

Meditation of the day...story time this morning

Today is Monday...I hate Mondays...but it is a way to start over...so here I try to listen to the Holy Spirit...

This is what I got:

From THE IMITATION OF CHRIST: On following Christ Our Model:

How foolish to wish for a long life, but not care whether it is a good life; to be concerned only with the present, with never a thought of eternity and the endless joy that awaits you.

Often think of the proverb: "The eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing" Sir 1:8

The books we read this morning:

Sophie's Masterpiece- by Eileen Spinelli, if you like Charlotte's Web you will love this little story!!!

The Bee Tree: by Patricia Polacco. I don't think I have ever read a book by her that I don't like. I enjoy the way she shares family traditions, culture, her love to read & write, and her Jewish heritage.

No comments: