Thursday, January 10, 2013

Favorite CHRISTMAS books 2012:

We have over 100 Christmas books...not kidding! I am sadly putting things away today and wanted to make sure you have read these books...or put them in your amazon wish list for next year!



I can't begin to tell them all to you but I wanted to share some.

THE FRIENDLY BEASTS: 
by anyone...there are about 20 different copies of this great book. We have a couple different ones.

BRIGHT STAR, BRIGHT STAR WHAT DO YOU SEE? by Cassandre Maxwell
never mind about this one...unless you see it at a book sale! It is selling on Amazon $36.49 or more...not that great! But it is still one of our very favorites...now that I got you wishing...sorry! 

WHO IS COMING TO OUR HOUSE? Joseph Slate
Boy, we have had most of these books since the early 90's I can't believe the prices. Well, we have this in a board book and paperback...it is great but again look at your library discount rack to buy. That is where I find most of my precious books...even out of print and some signed by the author books!

THE STABLE WHERE JESUS WAS BORN Rhonda Greene
These suggestions are the books that we read all during Advent...easy good reads and fun. Make sure to check the used ones out on Amazon...they are like 1 cent with $4 shipping...so don't buy new unless it is a gift...or better yet...ALWAYS CHECK THE LIBRARY FIRST!

SANTA'S FAVORITE STORY by Hisako Aoki
This is one of our all time favorites!!! It is great to buy for those relatives that do up SANTA big...it has a great story by Santa telling the animals that Christmas isn't about him and gifts but about His favorite story of how Christ was born. I bought a bunch of these one year and gave them to my nieces and nephews. 

The best for last:
JESUS' CHRISTMAS PARTY Nicholas Allan
We have an old copy...it was out of print for years. For those of you that don't know my husband and I owned a Christian Bookstore for 10 years when we were first married...so this is a treasured title from those days. It is our favorite because it is silly and we are such a sarcastic crazy family that this fits our temperament perfectly.  My kids even did a play of this...years ago! It isn't a sweet and spiritual book but it makes you laugh and think about what it was like the night Jesus was born!

THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

No comments: