From Fr. Michael Sliney, LC:
1. Definition: “By faith man freely commits his entire self to God, making the full submission of his intellect and will to God who reveals and willingly assenting to the Revelation given by him.” (Vatican II, Dei Verbum, n. 5)
- Faith is not merely a belief in a series of dogmas and doctrines or a mere sentiment, but as stated above, it is an act of full surrender to God’s plan over your life. It should have a practical impact on your daily life.
- Faith is also an act of trust in God, knowing that whatever he allows in our life, he will always bring some good out of it, even if it means great suffering and pain. “God brings good out of evil for those who love him.”
2. Faith reminds us that we are pilgrims journeying through this world and that our true citizenship lies in heaven. By faith in God’s word, we also know that we will be judged principally on our love and what we did for others. (Cfr. Mt. 25)
3. Faith is seeing reality through the eyes of Christ, knowing that he wants to touch and love so many souls through our lives. He wants to continue doing what he did 2000 years ago in your home, your school and your work place through you…He is asking for your collaboration and help!! We should pray daily for an increase of faith.