Tuesday, December 1, 2009

IMITATION OF CHRIST: meditation of the day-

Imitation of CHRIST (it has been awhile) part three:

The
Disciple

Lord Jesus, as You have said, so be it, and what You have promised, let it be my lot to win. I have received the cross, from Your hand I have received it. I will carry it, carry it even unto death as You have laid it upon me. Truly, the life of a good religious man is a cross, but it leads to paradise. We have begun—we may not go back, nor may we leave off.

Take courage, brethren, let us go forward together and Jesus will be with us. For Jesus’ sake we have taken this cross. For Jesus’ sake let us persevere with it. He will be our help as He is also our leader and guide. Behold, our King goes before us and will fight for us. Let us follow like men. Let no man fear any terrors. Let us be prepared to meet death valiantly in battle. Let us not suffer our glory to be blemished by fleeing from the Cross.

Lord help me persevere through suffering. Guide me closer to you. Help me prepare my heart this advent TO BE READY TO CELEBRATE YOUR BIRTH.

THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

No comments: