Friday, February 13, 2009

RENT A KID...

No matter how much my husband and I dream of living in the country or up in the mountains away from much of what drives us crazy...traffic-malls-crowded neighborhoods-people... (have you noticed my husband isn't a big people person???)

I love my neighbors!!! They are the best!!! I don't know what I would do without them...God knows most my meals wouldn't be complete without "their" salsa, cream of mush soup, eggs, and ranch dressing...They are the kind of neighbor I can call in any pinch...like at 6:30am when your husband's car won't start cuz you left the interior light on...the kind you can call on Friday night when the kids are in bed early and you need a good movie to watch, that doesn't involve cartoons...the kind of neighbors who would drop everything to come and watch your sleeping baby because your teens dare to have a social life...need I say more???

Well, about once a week my dear friends and neighbors call (probably because they feel sorry that my kids don't get out much and hardly ever get fast food) saying, "I am running to the park and Chic Flia can I have a kid to play with ..." "Take your pick" I say, name your age and sex and I will be happy to supply the fun!!! My kids love it..."who was that mom, and who gets to go???" usually it depends on the "other child's age and sex" or who has done school and not annoyed me too much that day...either way we both luck out. The only bad thing is that we out grow most of my friends cars..."I would take more...if I had room..." Of course, I offer my 15 passenger van so they can take all of my darlings...can you believe I have actually had some takers...sure I will take your van...how many can I have...Ohhh, sweet music to my ears!!!


Needless to say, I LOVE my friends, neighbors, and family!!! I don't know what I would do without them!!!

THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

2 comments:

Maurisa said...

We need to move to your neighborhood. I'm the only one around here from about 7 am to 7 pm. It makes for a quiet neighborhood, but more of a creepy quiet.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam! Yeah, I second that! Any homes for sale?!?!
You 'southeners' have great hospitality!!! :)