Tuesday, February 3, 2009

IMITATION OF CHRIST: Meditation of the day...

The Thirty-Fourth Chapter
God is Sweet Above All Things and in All Things to Those Who Love Him
(part one)

The Disciple
BEHOLD, my God and my all! What more do I wish for; what greater happiness can I desire? O sweet and delicious word! But sweet only to him who loves it, and not to the world or the things that are in the world.

My God and my all! These words are enough for him who understands, and for him who loves it is a joy to repeat them often. For when You are present, all things are delightful; when You are absent, all things become loathsome. It is You Who give a heart tranquillity, great peace and festive joy. It is You Who make us think well of all things, and praise You in all things. Without You nothing can give pleasure for very long, for if it is to be pleasing and tasteful, Your grace and the seasoning of Your wisdom must be in it. What is there that can displease him whose happiness is in You? And, on the contrary, what can satisfy him whose delight is not in You?

O dearest Lord, I am not ashamed to praise You. My God and my all!!! We all want to be all things to all people; but we can't without YOU!!! Please help me to rise to be the person you want me to be!!!

This is part one...to read more click here...or come back tomorrow for the rest!!! +++

THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

No comments: