Wednesday, November 14, 2012

40,000 diapers?!



 (found image here)

My husband has estimated that I have changed about 40,000 diapers! Let's see: 13 kids, usually potty trained before 2 1/2years old, and our little foster love who is 9months old...plus I used cloth with my first four kids and sometimes with the others...

So you can just imagine my hands look like! 

At mass this morning I was holding my 16 year old mouthy daughter's hand, when she pulled away and said, "gross, your hand feels so old!" It's a good thing her birthday far away in April and that I already bought all her Christmas gifts!!!

Then I was at the mall today when an Italian Kiosk (a small structure with one or more open sides that is used to vend merchandise) salesman pretty much jumped me and grabbed my hand...saying, (using the thickest Italian accent I have ever heard!-imagine Martin Short from Madagascar 3, no kidding my boys were practically rolling on the floor!)    
"Oh my what have you been doing with those hands? Prepare to be amazed!" 

Then he took my thumb nail and started polishing it and flattering me all the while! It was pretty funny!

So, I had to see what the word of God had to say about my hands...

Proverbs 10:4
Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth.

Proverbs 12:14
From the fruit of his lips a man is filled with good things as surely as the work of his hands rewards him.

I hope my hands please my GOD!!!
THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

2 comments:

Drina said...

I think this is one of my favorite posts :)

Horanaroh said...

Appreciate you blogging thiis