Thursday, January 5, 2012

Prayer time: make it a treat!




We all struggle with finding time to be with our Lord. Prayer time is tough, but it is even harder for me to sit and listen and enjoy my time with my Best Friend Jesus.


The best way I have found to make prayer time something to look forward to and not feel guilty about not doing it enough...is making it a treat.

Find a special spot and light a candle, put your favorite devotionals in a pretty nearby basket. Be prepared with your favorite books and prayer journal.

If you are a coffee drinker, have this be your special time to have coffee with Our Lord. If you like having a soda, special tea, a hot bath, a piece of chocolate, or a glass of wine...set this time aside to spend with your best friend.

It will be a treat for you, and for Our Lord as well. Enjoy basking in His presence like Mary at his feet taking it all in!!!

THY WILL BE DONE!!!

2 comments:

Mary @ Cheerios said...

What a great comparison! I love this idea!!! :) Coffee talk. Love it.
God bless,
Mary @Cheerios

Unknown said...

When I drive past a cemetery I always say a act of contrition and say the St.Gertrude pray to release 1000 souls from purgatory and ask them not to forget me when they reach heaven