Monday, January 6, 2014

Cooking!?@#*

I read lots of blogs from amazing women who cook up a storm...wow, their photos could be in a cookbook they look so good.

Do all bloggers have to be good cooks? Well people this one is not!!!

I have pretty much always been a bad cook. Sure I have some things I can make easily, but others...wow, it's like brain surgery!!!

So, when I do post a recipe it is usually easy with a few ingredients.

So here is an easy fall back especially in the winter when you want some comfort food.

Chrissy's super easy yummy chicken broccoli casserole:

This is especially good when you forgot to take out meat for dinner and have a freezer full of chicken breasts like I do. This recipe calls for boiling chicken in a pot of water which takes about 30 min with frozen chicken!

Mix together:
2 Tlbs. lemon juice or fresh lemon
can of cream of mush soup
can of cream of chicken soup
(really 2 cans of cream of anything would work)
1/2 cup of mayo (I use fat free-can't tell the difference)
3/4 cup of melted butter
one pack of Italian Seasoning (I think this is the secret ingredient)
1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
Pack of chicken breasts or any boneless chicken or chicken meat off of the bone (about 5lbs)
bag of broccoli pieces (you choose how much you want) 

cook on 350 degrees for about 45minutes

My kids all like this even though the little ones get scared when they see the broccoli! Also  they like to dip lots of bread in the self made gravy, so make sure you serve with bread.

Also, the other secret besides me not being a good cook...my house is usually a mess and I am not a very organized homeschool mom...(Boy someone is gonna take away my blog license!) But, my husband and kids are really cute and I love them so much!!!

THY WILL BE DONE!!!

No comments: