Thursday, March 21, 2013

Favorite dinner: Shepherd's Pie:

Shepherd's Pie

I love a meal I don't need a recipe for!!!

I used to make this all the time when my big kids were little and my 20 year old asked for it for his birthday dinner!!!

Really-how embarrassing it is so easy and cheap too! (if you find ground beef on sale!!!)

So I made it again tonight cuz the kids asked for it:

I used 5 lbs red potatoes not peeled and mashed them.
Then I put the mashed potatoes on the bottom of two casserole dishes.
I think I am the only one who makes Shepherds pie with the mashed potatoes on the bottom!
Dump about 3 lbs ground beef (seasoned if you want) on top of mashed potatoes.
Then a can of corn or frozen (or whatever veggie you want) on top of meat.
Then of course I have to put shredded cheese on it.
I use cheddar or whatever I have. Bake for 45 min to an hour.
Done!
Yum, we only had 10 eating it tonight so we had just enough!!!
Everyone had seconds and I ended up with a small bowl left.
I think the secret to my sanity and cooking is simple and easy...
if you look online there are so many complicated recipes for this dish.

THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

No comments: