Thursday, March 17, 2011

My heroic minute:

One of my Lenten Sacrifices has been to get back to my habit of going to bed early and waking up early. It isn't too hard for me since I am a morning person. As I get older it is harder to get up, and now that most of my children are in the teen or older bracket it isn't as easy to go to bed at 9pm anymore.

So my Guardian Angel and I have a deal...wake me up at 5:30 so I can have some meditation time before the babies start waking...so far so good. Then the time change came and boy oh boy was this a challenge!!!

So this morning after staying up way late doing laundry, cleaning, and watching a movie with my hubby and big kids, I could barely get up.

At 5:28am- my Guardian Angel woke me up...

At 5:29am- I convinced myself that they best thing to do for my family was to go back to sleep so I would have energy for my kids and wouldn't be a grouch...

At 6:08am- I got a text message and my phone woke me up...my first thought was, why is my angel getting me up...doesn't he know I need more energy to take care of the kids? Maybe I will close my eyes for a couple more minutes...

At 6:10am-As I was still pondering getting up...my phone rang!!! This is crazy...I got up and saw that my 19 year old son who had jury duty was calling me because he got locked in his "garage room" and couldn't get in the house.

I finally got my lazy self up and praying. I figured God had some real important stuff to tell me today or someone really needed my prayers and failed sufferings. Had about a half hour with God...then started to convince myself at 6:40am that a couple of minutes with my eyes closed on the couch wouldn't hurt...I laid down, put the blanket over me and then at 6:44am I heard the baby crying upstairs!!!

Maybe I will get a nap later...but I doubt it.

Thy Will Be Done!!! +JMJ+

No comments: