Found the recipe here and adjusted it the way that worked for me...
• Non Stick Spray
• 3 to 3-1/2 pounds chicken leg-quarters, skin & visible fat removed
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 cup thinly sliced onions
• 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic or garlic salt
• 15 ounce can no-salt-added tomatoes
• 8 ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1 teaspoon basil
• 1/2 teaspoon oregano
How to make it
• First prepare your leg-quarters. If desired you may cut the legs and thighs apart with a sharp knife or poultry shears. It takes about 4 leg-quarters to make 3 to 3-1/2-pounds of chicken.
• Spray a very large skillet with non-stick spray. Add the chicken and fry it until it begins to brown. Remove it from the pan and lay it on a plate.
• Next heat the olive oil in the same pan. Add the onions and garlic and saute until they are tender and fragrant.
• Open up the cans of tomato products. Add them to the skillet with the onions. Add the seasonings too.
• Stir it up and bring it to a boil. Add the chicken, sort of laying it on top of the vegetables.
• Cover the skillet with a good lid or a pizza pan. Reduce the heat to medium low and let the pan simmer for about 45 minutes. Check it every now and then and add water if you think it needs it. When it is done cooking, serve it with cooked noodles or spaghetti
• If you like, you can add a chopped green pepper, or a couple of stalks of chopped celery along with the onion. A small can of mushrooms is also appropriate here a dash of hot pepper is good too.
THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+