Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Receiving Communion and Spiritual Communion


My meditation today from the Intimation of Christ.

The Sixth Chapter
An Inquiry on the Proper Thing to Do Before Communion


The Disciple

WHEN I consider Your dignity, O Lord, and my own meanness, I become very much frightened and confused. For if I do not receive, I fly from Life, and if I intrude unworthily, I incur Your displeasure. What, then, shall I do, my God, my Helper and Adviser in necessity? Teach me the right way. Place before me some short exercise suitable for Holy Communion, for it is good to know in what manner I ought to make my heart ready devoutly and fervently for You, to receive Your Sacrament for the good of my soul, or even to celebrate so great and divine a sacrifice.

When you can't get to daily mass make a spiritual communion.

Act of Spiritual Communion
by St. Alphonsus Liguori (A.D. 1696-1787)


My Jesus, I believe that Thou art present
in the Blessed Sacrament.

I love Thee above all things and I desire Thee in my soul.
Since I cannot now receive Thee sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
As though thou wert already there,
I embrace Thee and unite myself wholly to Thee;

permit not that I should ever be separated from Thee.

Thy Will Be Done!!! +JMJ+

No comments: