Thursday, April 22, 2010

PRAYERS FOR THOSE IN LABOR:

I started a site years ago Praying for Women in Labor. It is very important for me to pray for those who are having a baby. Although, it never quit got off the ground.

So, I will continue to pray for all those who want to send me their prayer requests. Just post a comment on my blog or at fatzbinx18@gmail.com . I will post requests on my regular blog asking for prayers for mom's in labor. So it is really just combining two blogs in one.

Here are some of the prayers I find helpful:

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to they protection, implored they help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Prayer of Parents for their Children
O Lord, omnipotent Father, we give you thanks for having given us children. They are our joy, and we accept with serenity the worries, fears and labors which bring us pain. Help us to love them sincerely. Through us you gave life to them; from eternity you knew them and loved them. Give us the wisdom to guide them, patience to teach them, vigilance to accustom them to the good through our example. Support our love so that we may receive them back when they have strayed and make them good. It is often so difficult to understand them, to be as they would want us to be, to help them go on their way. Grant that they may always see our home as a haven in their time of need. Teach us and help us, O good Father, through the merits of Jesus, your Son and our Lord. Amen.


Prayer for the Entrustment of the Family
Sacred Heart of Jesus and Immaculate Heart of Mary, I come to you to entrust myself, my entire family, and my parish family to your two hearts. I desire to renew the vows of my baptism and place each member of my family through an act of faith, hope and love into loving union with the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph. I dedicate myself, each member of my family, and my parish family to the Guardian Angels God has given each one of us. O Holy Guardian Angels, enlighten, guide and protect each one so as to lead us safely home to heaven.
At Fatima, dear Mother of God, you appeared with St. Joseph and the Child Jesus blessing the world. O Holy Family, bestow blessings upon me, my entire family, and my parish family so that we may live the Christ - life. I desire that each member of my family, and my parish family adore always the Most Blessed Trinity and love our God in the most Blessed Sacrament.
Grant peace to each member of my family, and my parish family. Keep each one in the grace of Jesus Christ. Never permit any of my family, or my parish family to stray from the true faith. (For any family member, or parish family member, who has strayed, I beseech you to bind up the wounds, lift up the fallen, restore and keep each of our loved ones in grace. Bid them come back to their Father's true home.) Amen.


A Prayer to St. Gerard for Motherhood
O glorious Saint Gerard, powerful intercessor before God, and wonder worker of our day, I call upon you and seek your help. You who always fulfilled God's will on earth, help me to do God's holy will. Intercede with the Giver of life, from whom all parenthood proceeds, that I may conceive and raise children who will please God in this life, and be heirs to the kingdom of heaven. Amen.

A Prayer to St. Gerard for Safe Delivery
O great Saint Gerard, beloved servant of Jesus Christ, perfect imitator of your meek and humble Savior, and devoted child of Mother of God, enkindle within my heart one spark of that heavenly fire of charity which glowed in your heart and made you an angel of love. O glorious Saint Gerard, because when falsely accused of crime, you did bear, like your Divine Master, without murmur or complaint, the calumnies of wicked men, you have been raised up by God as the patron and protector of expectant mothers. Preserve me from danger and from the excessive pains accompanying childbirth, and shield the child which I now carry, that it may see the light of day and receive the purifying and life-giving waters of baptism through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

GREAT SITE FOR PRAYERS AND ANOTHER ONE HERE

THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

No comments: