Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Chicken and Broccoli

My dear friend Chrissy Halligan made this meal for me many, many babies ago...it is one of our favorites. Good comfort food and very creamy so serve with bread or rice on the side.

Chicken and Broccoli

1 large family pack of chicken breast: boil for about 15 min till no longer pink
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 large can of cream of mushroom soup (or one small can of cr. of mush and one can of cr of chick)
1/2 cup of mayo
1/2 cup of butter (original recipe says 3/4 cup but I think it is too much)
1 pack of Italian seasoning ( I think this is the secret ingredient)
1/2 cup of cheddar cheese (of course I accidentally spill more in)
1 large bag of frozen broccoli

I cut up the chicken and then mix all ingredients together (butter last because it is melted) and put in one huge dish or two small- one to freeze or give away or if you have a big family eat it all. Serve with bread for dipping in the yummy gravy and rice is good too!

+JMJ+
Thy Will Be Done!!!

No comments: