Saturday, May 8, 2010

Eating Healthy...

It is that time again this year when I try to help my family eat healthy.

I don't know about you but about once a year I rethink our eating habits. Thank God we have a limited budget. I tell my kids every time we drive by McDonald's that it is a good thing we have no extra money or mommy would drive in there and buy lots of junk...we would be fat and unhealthy!!! (for some reason I don't think they appreciate it)

So when I was at the grocery store the other day I started out in isle two and started to get whole grain pasta. It was hard since the regular pasta was so much cheaper. I have found over the years that one reason my hubby and I don't stay on the health kick is that junk food is so much cheaper than good food. I was thrilled to see that there was a big sale on the good pasta and I filled my basket up with every box. I was feeling very satisfied and proud about my great find.

But, like all times when pride is in my picture I slip and fail.

Little did I know that it was LITTLE DEBBIE's fiftieth anniversary. (How did that little girl get so old?) My grocery store was having a huge sale!!!

Then the next isle was having pop tarts 10 for $10 so I grabbed a bunch of those...ughhh!!!

All of us love those junkie goodies and the teens that hang at our house are always looking for a treat...so of course I had to fill up on all the junk too.



Oh dear Lord to find balance. Please help me to be the women you created me to be. I love and need Your guidance all the time!!!

THY WILL BE DONE!!! +JMJ+

No comments: